About the Founder
Dr P. Mohamed Ali is a visionary global entrepreneur & philanthropist who co-founded GALFAR Engineering and Contracting in the Sultanate of Oman in 1972. Originally a small construction firm, the organization went on to become Oman’s largest private sector company and largest employer. It has EPC capabilities in oil and gas, roads and bridges, civil and maritime infrastructure and utilities, and service sectors.
Dr Mohammed Ali has four children, and all of them, along with their spouses, are actively involved in the various spheres of the group’s businesses.
Awards and Accolades
- Recognizing Dr P. Mohammed Ali’s outstanding contribution to society, he has been awarded the ‘Pravasi Bharatiya Samman Award’ by the Prime Minister of India, Sri Atal Bihari Vajpayee. The award makes Dr P Mohammed Ali the first Indian national to be so honored.
- He was conferred with the prestigious ‘Oman Civil Order’ by His Majesty Sultan Qaboos bin Said, making him the only Indian recipient of such a prestigious award.
- Awarded an Honorary Doctorate in Science by the Caledonian University of Glasgow.
- The Institute of Directors, India, awarded the prestigious ‘IOD Distinguished Fellowship Award – 2007’.
- His Holiness, the XIVth Dalai Lama, presented Dr P. Mohamed Ali with a Certificate of Appreciation in 2008 in recognition of the high construction standards of Drepung Loseling Monastery carried out by MFAR Constructions Pvt Ltd, Bangalore.